Castleberry Hill is a unique urban community with a strong historic identity. Many of the early 20th-century warehouse buildings have been converted to lofts and are now the predominate housing type. The population is culturally diverse and the area is continuing to grow in both the number of residents as well as retail and other establishments.
The Castleberry Hill Neighborhood, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is Atlanta’s eighth Landmark District, represents the most complete warehouse district still surviving in the City of Atlanta. The area is in the midst of a renaissance, with these old commercial structures being turned into dramatic loft homes for the many people attracted by the prospect of living Downtown. The neighborhood boundaries are as follows:
- Spring Street at I-20,
- along I-20 to McDaniel Street,
- North on McDaniel Street to Northside Drive,
- along Northside Drive to MLK Jr. Drive,
- East on MLK Jr. Drive to Russell Plaza,
- South from Russell Plaza to Mitchell Street,
- East on Mitchell Street to Spring Street, and
- South on Spring Street to I-20.